Thursday, April 14, 2011

Montagnard Dega Interest

Whoa,
           Meeting with the Montagnards via Skype was great. I have the most interest in what their theatre community is like. I am aware that we never really touched on it, though we did discuss their music and cultural arts to some extent. I am interested to see what there theatrical practices are and how they are similar or different from our western classical approaches to the theater. I have some ideas but I am sure I'm probably off on a few things.

These web pages will help out. They discuss the Hip-Hop Culture in the Dega movement. Hip-hop is form of dance that can in many ways tell a story, the other web page is web page discussing the history of the Montagnard people, history is where most all art comes from, this will serve as a possible spring board into the life content of a potential Theater piece.
 http://www.cal.org/co/montagnards/vpeop.html
 http://diacritics.org/2011/01/05/mondegas-for-the-people-a-montagnard-hip-hop-debut/
 
An actor or orator in the Montagnard community could help me out in this. It would be exciting to do a silent clown piece with him or her, there is no language and the physical acting is purely technique and and organic impulses.

No comments:

Post a Comment